Our policy covers the collection, processing and other use of personal data under the general data protection regulations GDPR.
Personal data we collect and how we use it
1. By personal data we mean personal information we use to identify you for example your name, title, postal and billing addresses, email address and contact numbers.
2. The information we collect and store relating to you is primarily to enable us to provide our services to you, to notify you about your order or any changes to your order.
3. We may contact you with information about offers and promotions we believe you may be interested in.
4. We do not sell your information to any other companies or businesses for any purpose.
5. On our website we use analytical tools to analyse your visit to our website so we can understand our customers needs and improve our website ( this data does not identify you personally )
6. Your payment information e.g credit card details provided when you make a purchase from us are not received or stored by us. That information is processed securely and privately by the third party payment processor (PayPal). The Chocolate Florist will not have access to that information at anytime.
Cookies we use on our website
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer that either collect data or are used to improve your user experience when using our website. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The cookies that we use are in two groups; the first group are strictly necessary cookies that allow you to interact with our site; such as providing consent, creating accounts and placing orders. The second group are cookies used by Google Analytics which provides us with anonymous traffic data.
Below is a list of all the cookies our website uses:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
- gdpr (Expiry 1 year): Provides users with our GDPR consent options.
- woocommerce_cart_hash & woocommerce_items_in_cart: Stores user basket information and updates when the data changes have been made.
- wp_woocommerce_session_: Generates a unique code for each user ID so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies.
Google Analytics Cookies
- _ga & _gid (Expiry 2 years): Used by Google Analytics to distinguish users.
- _gat (Expiry 1 minute): Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.
You can change your cookie settings for this website by modifying your preferences here:
Access to your personal information and unsubscribing
1. You have the right to withdraw your consent on how we may use your data.
2. At anytime you can request that we delete all personal data records we hold for you by emailing us at email@example.com
3. If you do not wish to receive any marketing information you have the right to opt out at anytime, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Under the data protection act 1998, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. If you would like a copy please email your request to email@example.com, an administration fee may be payable.
Changes to our policy
1. We reserve the right to change the policy at any time and will keep our website updated, please check back on a regular basis.
2. If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosing personal data
1. We may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law.
2. In the event that the business is sold your personal information may be disclosed to the prospective buyer of The Chocolate Florist.
3. If The Chocolate Florist is brought by a third party, personal data held about customers will be one of the assets to transfer to the buyer.